Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

The tribunal orders the claimant to provide GP and OH

The tribunal orders the claimant to provide GP and OH records to the respondent which they consent to. The respondent solicitor then comes back to request you also provide counselling records. The respondent solicitor then requests that the claimant provide counselling records because the claimant mentioned at Preliminary hearing that she had received counselling because OH recommended it. The solicitor says its relevant to disability claim. The counselling service was part of a work employee assistant programme and not linked to the GP or OH medical records in anyway? Is she best advised to provide this information.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Are you the claimant in this scenario?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i am thanks. Agreed at preliminary I would consent to oh and medical records. Counsellor not clinican and it was not a medical referral.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
What is the nature of the disability?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
depression and anxiety
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** my view that these records would be relevant to the issue of disability. If you do not disclose them the the tribunal is likely to order disclosure. I would therefore suggest you do disclose them. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to take the time to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for working on your question. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this?