13262538

My 83 year old aunt has discovered an occupational pension

My 83 year old aunt has discovered an occupational pension (�7 per week) she has failed to declare to dwp? She gets pension credit, housing benefit etc She thinks she's going to prison. Any advice?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youPlease tell your Aunt not to worry.It is highly unlikely that the small annual figure involved would mean that she was not still entitled to all the benefits that she is receiving.Even if they did take her a few pounds over the limit it will not be sufficient to invoke criminal proceedings since the sum involved is si small it is understandable that ut was overlookedAll that needs to be done is to notify the various agencies - and send evidence of the amount involved.Please ask if you need further detailsClare