Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Before l get married l invited my fiancée to visit me in UK

Before l get married l invited my fiancée to visit me in UK but her application was declined due to deception and banned for 10 years. she got 8 years outstanding banned now. Now that we're married l would like to reapply to invite my wife to visit me as a spouse. kindly tell me if the banned will affect my new application.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, I regret to say that it is not possible to avoid the effect of any ban simply by now applying as your wife. So long as there is a ban in place, your wife will not be allowed to obtain any visa for the UK, whether a spouse visa or any other type of visa. The only avenue available to her, is to seek to get the ban overturned by making an application for judicial review seeking to have the ban revoked.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Be aware that it is very difficult to get a ban overturned. So, I would suggest you approach a barrister by way of Direct Professional Access and get an opinion on whether there are good prospects of getting the ban overturned. Unless there are good prospects of getting the ban overturned, I am afraid you are wasting your time and your money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for your response. Once last question. After ten years banned can l reapply for my wife to visit me in UK as a spouse
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. Yes, once the ban is up, then your spouse will be free to apply for a visa in the usual way. At that point, there will be no impediment to her obtaining a visa.