29905560

I work company in Ireland that is closing business. I

I work for a company in Ireland that is closing business. I will be transfered to another company in the UK. What do I need to know
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what specific queries do you have about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company will issue me with a P45 form which denotes end of employment. Then I will be paid from a different employers registration number. The company are telling me that I won't break my service years which at present is 31 and I will be intitled to the same redundancy package that the other employes recieved if the new company ever closes. Do they legally have to put this in writing.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No they do not have to out this in writing, because your continuity of employment is determined by law, it is a matter of fact, rather than what is in writing. Nevertheless, you may wish to ask them to clarify this in the new contract you will be issued with by the new company. They could have a phrase at the beginning stating that "For the purposes of continuity of employment, the starting date of this contract will be X [that being the original start date]"