Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I left my husband and our family home a year ago which is

Hi I left my husband and our family home a year ago which is a housing association home. I was on the tenancy as a single tenant and after I left I added him into the tenancy as a joint tenant. I would like to know what rights I have as I am now privately renting which is considerable more expensive. He has moved his pregnant girlfriend in and I earn considerably more money than him. Do I have any rights to my house? Thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As your name is ***** ***** tenancy you have a legal interest in the property and also a right to reside there - this can only end if your name is ***** ***** the tenancy or if a court order is made excluding you from the property.Legally speaking you can move back in and he cannot prevent this, however, practically this may prove to be more difficult.I would suggest that if you wish to return to the home you inform him formally in writing that you are exercising your legal right to occupy the property and give him a date that you will be returning. He will then need to make arrangements for his partner to leave as she does not have a legal right to live there.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.