12826847

I've previously written in, my brother died intestate, my mother

Customer Question

I've previously written in, my brother died intestate, my mother is next of kin as he left no will, she is 77, has her own home ( after working till she was 71) and cares for my severely disabled sister.
My brothers partner of just over two years is in his house, (she has a 21 year old son with a slight learning disabilities and a 23 yr old daughter who is a teaching assistant).
My brothers girlfriend has now been to a solicitor and has requested that she stays in the home and pays rent comparable to her earnings ( she's is a career in a residential home).
The property still has a mortgage and a loan on top, that has to be paid. When I first wrote in I was advised that she may have a claim of between 5000 - 10,000. Now it's a house hss after. She's never lived anywhere more than 2 years till she met my brother. My mother is distraught, she cannot afford to pay another mortgage and all her savings are in a trust for my sister to be cared for on her death. Where does she stand.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Exactly how long had they lived together; how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?