31090051

Can you stop a website giving away an ebook, that I've written

Can you stop a website giving away an ebook, that I've written and hold a copyright on, for free to everyone online without my permission and , until I found out about it, knowledge?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can. This is a blatant breach of copyright if you haven't granted a licence or assigned the right to the copyright. You need your solicitor to issue a cease and desist letter and if necessary follow that up with court action. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i do this online and am i able to get compensation for the lost revenue on it? It has loads of reviews by people on the site, which while i'm obviously glad people like it, their free download had stopped people buying it from me. If so, how much would you advise to go for?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can't do it online. You need to see a solicitor. You can sue for damages based on loss of revenue. That can be hard to quantify but the court has the power to order the defendant to produce records showing the number of downloads which would give your accountant a starter for such a calculation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And lastly, is there anything i can do to prevent this happening again?