LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I would like to know what my rights are if i am a guest in

Customer Question

I would like to know what my rights are if i am a guest in a rental apartment where i am alone... Unxpectedly the rental payer arrives at 8pm and decides to attack me as i open the door and wants me to leave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically, as i opened the door this person hit me in the head and continued to hit me and i defended myself. They then insisted I had to leave and they had the right to put me out that instant becasue they paid for it.
We were friends and I was also employed by them. It was an empty apartment, i was only there for a week or so, and i was working for the renter in another space, basically i was being housed there while i was working for them. There was a personal incident earlier in the day where i was asked on sunday if I was available, and i said i would be available later on as i was out bike riding. ( i have all the messages to prove this. It seems that the answer i gave on my free sunday was not accepted and they decided to throw me out ot the housing I was given. In fact i was due to leave that day, but the day before they asked me to stay an additional week becasuthere was so much to do.Dont lnow if any of this is relavant.I have more details eventually if needed....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you. It is a little hard to answer from your information. How long were you given permission to stay there by the tenant? How long had you been there? Had you paid anything? In legal terms it sounds like you are a guest with no right to be in the flat at all if the lawful tenant revokes his invitation to you as a guest.
I am happy to do alive telephoen call but there is soemthing you need ot at your end - a button on the screen perhaps to generate a phone request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I sent in the phone number so you can call, i see my explanation was not clear. Can you confirm when you will call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess i have more than one question.In first place, i want to know, if i have a verbal agreement with my employer that i am to be housed in an apartment while in london, and they decide one evening at 8pm that i need to leave the apartment without warning, if that is ok.
Do i actually have to leave wothout notice at 8pm?I did not have to pay for it, it was part of our working agreement.The second question is then... Are the 'owners' allowed to push in the door when i opened the bell and barge in fists first hitting me and ordering me to leave.I would probably be able to better explain the dynamics by phone...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If possible to let me know what time you may be able to call, so I can plan my time now....
You need to request a phone call properly through the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did! I even got the message saying it was accepted!.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says y would call me in a few minutes...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how else to do it.. It says i accepted the offer and that y recieved my number and will call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is important for me, and i really would like to spell out what happened and just know if I had any rights or not.
For both the understanding if I legally have to vacate an apartment at 8pm witht notice, after they specifically asked me to stay on an extra week , for which i changed my departure tickets, with full understanding that i would be staying there while working.There a few other details.. But easier by phone. This employer and i have had personla relationships and on that sunday they wanted me to meet them and i was not availabel for a few hours which angered them and they wrote me that they wanted me to leave on monday. ... Something unusual seeing theybasked me to saty the day before. There was emotional strife between us. But they came over that sunday evening with brute force to throw me out, and I am really questioning the validity of such a right.. And definately questioning the fact that they attacked me hitting me... I fought back, and in the end did leave, after they broke my ipad and threatened to smash my computer. We had a huge fight and then i left.They had said that they called the hotel nearby and there were rooms and even offered to pay for the room. I asked why they bothered to come over there anyway as they were on the other side of town in thei own house. And theybreplied that they were going to sleep there this night and i had to go to thenhotel where they called and said there was room.It was even premeditated, and later in many emails, th wrote me that theybdid not premeditate, they wore many things to cover their tracks, and they also wrote me they were sprry for atttacking me and had place or right to do that, saying that theybweremovercome with painful emotional issues linked to family and more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know how to proceed
There is a button or some such on the screen at your end that you need to activate to offer a phone call to me. Do this and I will accept it and then we can arrange a time to talk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The button is gone and ot says the phone call offer was accepted
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no way for me to find the call button anymore as the order seems to have been accepted? Perhaps there is something wrong with the system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is frustrating! Can I not call you then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what is on my screenThe Solicitor has confirmed your phone call request and will call you in a few minutes.You accepted an Expert Service Offer: Phone Call You sent your expert private contact info: 44 0207 7609 5218
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If we cannot call, can we carry on with the chat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?I am really wanting tonhave an answer to my questions...Please tell me what i need to doThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see that there is now a 5 star rating from me to you. I did not rate anything yet, i ahve not had my answer.
This is strange.Is this a legitimate service ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just checked on another computer if the call button would reappear. unfortunately it has not.please let me know how to continue our chat or how we can get this phone call thing to work.if you have had time to review the additional details and clarity on my questions,, perhaps we can move forward?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please let me know , as i am waiting here at the computer