Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My wife wanted upvc guttering to replace the old . My eldest

Customer Question

My wife wanted upvc guttering to replace the old . My eldest daughter said her boy friend would do the job for 600 pounds.since then I had to have someone to clean gutters and downpipes ,and drain.the gutters overflow covering walls with mud,both front and back of house.have I got any recourse through law.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you saying he failed to carry out the work properly?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi in order for the statement to meet the legal definition of slander it would need to be 'made to the public' which would mean to several people not just one. The statement must also be untruthfully and have the impact of making 'right minded individuals' hate or ridicule the person about whom the statement is made. If you believe that a person is making slanderous statements then an appropriate response would be to have a solicitors letter sent stating that you believe that this amounts to slander and that if you suffer a financial loss as a result. Owing to the terms and conditions of this website I am not allowed to make recommendations of firms of solicitors. But any high street firm with litigation experience should be able to assist. http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ Will be a good starting point for you. Good luck. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.