75100385

I sold a vehicle in September to a dealer . I sent off

Hi. I sold a vehicle in September to a dealer . I sent off the log book and didn't think anymore of it. In December I get fixed penalty notice as the vehicle was uninsured as of the 16/12/2015.i appealed stating that I done everything I should of . The dealer is now bankrupt so could prove that I had sold them the vehicle. Today I get a court summons stating I was the uninsured keeper . I would like advice as to how to proceed.
Andrew
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Do you have evidence that it was sold to a dealer?Did you get confirmation from the DVLA that it was sold on?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not get confirmation on either point I am afraid
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any evidence whatsoever it was sold to the dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was on finance with them and the finance was settled when I took the bike back
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So you have evidence the funds were transferred from dealer to Finance co?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can obtain a copy of the finance being settled
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You can plead not guilty. You said you posted the V5 off which is all you need to do. Further if you can get something from the Finance Co saying that funds were sent from the dealer that would help you.But you didnt commit the offence and should plead not guilty.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that's fine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex