75100385

I wish to apply voting Mayoral and London

I wish to apply for postal voting for the Mayoral and London Assembly voting on 5.5.2016.
I do not wish to use the signature I use in contracts and bank as it will put it in public domain and worried about identity theft.
Is it legal to put a different signature in the application form for postal vote?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether you have signed up for postal votes yet?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
I cannot see an answer to my question. Are you saying I need to pay an additional £38 to get an answer by phone?Thomas Varughese
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, thats if you want to chat over the phone.I have asked if you have signed up for postal voting yet please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not signed up yet. I am waiting to see your answer to my question
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
In that case yes you can sign up and yes your signature can be differentBut please bear in mind your signature to the Local Authority will just as safe, if not safer than the bank etc. The Local Authority will have a number of processes and procedures in place to stop data being made public.But yes, you can use a different signature for the application and postal vote.BUT they must be the same on those two documents, but that signature can be different to your 'regular' signature.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your prompt advice.
I will now make an application before the deadline.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks in advance. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done