75100385

I currently rent an apartment in salford i am on a 12 month

I currently rent an apartment in salford i am on a 12 month contract and want to break the lease after 6 months.
I rented the apartment with what was sold as a fully integrate kitchen with appliances but the cooker has never worked as well as the dishwasher and the apartment extractor fan, the agency keeps making excuses why they have not been replaced do i have any redress
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What does the agreement say about termination or a break clause please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract does state there will be a cost my question is more regarding the fact they will not be able to find tenants with no cooking facilities
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I dont quite understand what it says about a break clause or ending the contract early?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i pay the 780 pounds , i am still liable for the rent and council tax etc until a new tenant is found, my concern is they will not be able to find a tenant with the current lack of amenaties, the agency has told me the appliances are being replaced but so far it has taken 5 months , what if i pay the £780.00 then have to pay the rent for 6 months due to lack of tenant, i am at my wits end as i have to break the cintract due to a family illness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i am not being very clear the fee is to break the contract which i thought would mean i am no longer liable for the rent
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly yes, you are liable for Council tax. What you should do is leave and then if they try to claim anything off you sue the Landlord for breach of contract.The Landlord has failed to fix things, how can you be expected to live there with broken items? Its not fair and it is NOT what you are paying for.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. Alex