12826847

I have recently moved to a detached property with a fenced

Customer Question

I have recently moved to a detached property with a fenced boundary. The back fence separates my property from a large common, owned and maintained by the local council. approximately two feet from the fence on the "Common Side" is a large Sycamore tree, over 100 feet in height.
Branches hang over my fence from as low as 12 feet and right up to the top of the tree. The debris that collects on my lawn, property roof and conservatory roof and gutters is immense . When the tree is in full foliage, lack of light is very noticeable, to the extent that in the height of summer you have to have your room lights on throughout the day.
I have requested action from my local council and they have refused, stating "The trees were there before the house and we would not trim them just because of lack of light or leaves on the lawn and roofs. Only if the tree became a danger to property would they act. Where do I stand? what cases can I cite in my response to the councils refusal to act.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.On what basis do they refuse to trim the branches back please?Alex