75100385

There, to letting a property we are required to provide

Customer Question

Hi there, to letting a property we are required to provide the Estates Agency with a referencing form, the ID card, last 3 payslips and the last 3 Bank Statements. Is there any legal act that states that we should provide all this? If you got all my references, from my current employer, from my current estate agency, you got my passport copy, my last 3 payslips showing my income, why should you need my bank statement? The bank statement record your private information, the way you use your own money. Why should I have to provide this information to them? Is this legal requirement? Is this mandatory? Thank you. kind regards.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.No law at all to say they need all these. The law only requires entitlement to stay in the UK - thats it.They dont need anything else and there is no legal requirement.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, hope you are doing well.
Many thanks for your legal support on this one.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help! Alex