75100385

I have a car financed with a balloon / residual value and the

I have a car financed with a balloon / residual value and the description of the goods has the incorrect car registration and a chassis / vin number that does not exist. does this make this contract unenforceable by the finance company? ***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.When was it taken out please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
September 2013
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Under the old Consumer Credit Act 1974 then yes it would be automatically void. However the Consumer Credit Act 2006 made amendments to the 1974, which means that this is not automatically invalid.If the car was financed, you have made payments, signed the agreement then clearly this is evidence, notwithstanding the error, that you agreed to be bound by it.If you contest it then the finance company will simply make an application to Court to have these typographical errors amended. If they do, you are likely to be liable for any legal costs if you oppose it.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex and that is all I need on this for now. Thanks Andrew