Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex agrees with me not to claim any financial support-we

my ex agrees with me not to claim any financial support-we both want a court order to legalise our mutual consent-question do we have to both make full financial disclosure to do so ????? Can we expect to do this without a solicitor ??? Many thanks if you could help soon R. M.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Are/were you married to each other? If so, are you pursuing a divorce?-Do you have any children together?-Are there any joint assets or liabilities?-What are your respective income positions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UK-married still but divorcing-no children-house only,we each get 1/2-both older and retired. Thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. If you are both agreed in relation to the finances then this can be reflected in a consent order as a full and final settlement. The consent order can be submitted to court once the Decree Nisi (conditional order approving the divorce) is granted. This can be submitted to court (together with a form D81 outlining your respective financial positions) and the court needs to approve such orders to make sure that it is fair for both parties.You are able to deal with this yourself, however, given the legal nature of the consent order and the possible pitfalls if it is wrongly drafted, I would highly recommend you have a solicitor prepare one for you to reflect the agreement.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you