Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My mother died last August without making a will. I am the

My mother died last August without making a will. I am the only child left as my brother died a week after her. I have the deed of Administration from the High Court. My question is that if I registered her house in my name with the Land Registry will I have to legally pass on anything from the sale of the house to my late brothers children
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for confirming. Just a bit more information required to fully answer your question:-Was your mother married, and if so is he still alive?-Are there any other siblings or late siblings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your response
My mother was married to my father but he died in 2003, the house was in both their names and because of this when he died, my mother had automatically inherited the house. There are no other siblings just me and my late brother
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Legally, you and your late brother's child will share the estate equally, which includes the home and it therefore should be registered between you and they would be entitled to a share of the proceeds of sale. If they are minors their inheritance will be held on trust until they reach 18.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you