12826847

I shared a UK business idea in conception, market and material

Customer Question

I shared a UK business idea in conception, market and material with a friend with the plan that we would/could become partners in this new venture. My friend even produced a first draft business plan for this new product and company under my then brand name.
I have since found out my friend has launched a new business using all of what was shared (none of which was known to them before my sharing it) They have not used the same name as this is now a TM. At no time have they mentioned anything to me on this, I discovered it by chance.
I believe my copyright has been infringed and my good idea stolen. What step or consideration should I consider.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did you have any agreement written down at all please?Can you prove that you have the idea before you spoke with your friend?ALex