75100385

If someone made a false allegation against me, that they

If someone made a false allegation against me, that they knew to false and if it can be proven to have led to a suicide attempt and 2 years PTSD - could I have them criminally prosecuted for assault?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Its bad news I am afraid - assault is the apprehension of immediate physical violence.In this case it was not the person who made the false allegation who assaulted you. That was just the effect of the allegation.So no, they can not be prosecuted for assault. However they could be charged with wasting Police time.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex