Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I need to process my divorce I've been separated

I need to process my divorce I've been separated for 13years and he is in Zimbabwe and I am in UK but we got married in UK in 1980. How do I go about it?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Was the divorce application issued in Zimbabwe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it was but I ended up retrieving my marriage certificate 3years ago because he was not responding.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. You will need to apply to the Zimbabwean court to withdraw the divorce application and once that has been done you can issue a divorce application in England. You cannot have two live divorce applications in different jurisdictions. Otherwise, it may be easier to continue with the Zimbabwean divorce given that they have already issued the application and continue the proceedings there given that he is living in that jurisdiction.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.