How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I arrived 2.5 years ago in London with a Tier-2 (General) Visa.

Customer Question

I arrived 2.5 years ago in London with a Tier-2 (General) Visa. I am in the process of changing employer hence a new sponsorship and Visa application.
When I arrived in the UK, was has to do the Police Registration, however I failed to update them when I change addresses. I went to the police station and said I wanted to report a change of address and they only recorded the last change. I he only asked me "what is you new address", I got the stamp with the change of the place I currently live. However, I live for a few months at an address that does not appear in the police registration card). Should I try to get an amendment to my police registration card before applying to the new Visa? Is that even possible? How exactly will that look like.
I it better just leave the last change, which reflects the address I currently live at?
Best regards,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear Oscar, unless you want to get mired in bureaucracy, I would simply advise you to leave your address at the last change made. There is no need to go and record every change in your address for the period during which you had the visa. Notifying of every change in address would only be necessary if you had got into trouble with the law since your arrival here. In point of fact, where you live, has no bearing on your new visa application, so long as you have been of good behaviour. The only reason the UK Visas & Immigration have for recording every address is to correlate every criminal conviction of a migrant with their visa record. However, if you have not been in trouble with the law, there is no point in attempting to record every address.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the timeline:Oct 2013 - I arrived in London
Nov 2013 - I moved to Place 1
Feb 2015 - I moved to Place 2
Apr 2016 - I made the first report of change of address. The officer only put Place 2 and said I would not have a "Red-Flag"
Apr 2016 - I asked a second police officer in a different station, if an annotation was necessary not to have problems with the Visa. He said it was not necessary, but I don't think he was mindful of the Visa.I am still concerned, about having issues with the new Visa application. They talk about fines, jail, deportation when you don't update on time, which I didn't, twice! Denying the new Visa is the kindest outcome.Would you still not be concerned?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
3. There is an adage by the American writer Mark Twain, which states "I am an old man now, I have had a life full of troubles - most of which never happened!". So here you can spend your time worrying about this issue or you can take the reassurance by the second police officer that there is nothing to worry about. The choice is yours. However, I have never seen one of these cases prosecuted. So you have nothing to worry about.
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot,Customer
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
4. You are welcome.

Related Law Questions