12826847

I am an American citizen with a letter from the Home Office

Customer Question

I am an American citizen with a letter from the Home Office dated 1986 giving me permanent residency. My last passport, which ran out in 2015, was stamped 'leave to enter for 6 months' for some unknown reason. I now have a new passport. Can I travel on this one carrying an old one that shows I can reside here permanently plus carry the letter from the Home Office or must I get the new passport stamped - if so, how?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Dear *****, can you please clarify, what passport - American or British - are you referring to when you state your last passport had "leave to enter for 6 months" stamped on it? Which passport is your "new passport"? Do you have a British passport?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an American citizen holding an American passport. I have no other passport.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.