12826847

I have a neighbour in a council house who's rear garden backs

I have a neighbour in a council house who's rear garden backs onto mine she has 3 or 4 German shepherd's in a garden shed that bark and howl like wolves at all hours day and night. I have spoken to her about it but, she denies hearing them. I have contacted the council on at least 2 occasions and kept records they say they have spoken to her but nothing changes my health is suffering due to poor sleep and I'm at the end of my tether what can I do please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have they given you a noise diary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have filled in 2 for them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was some time ago so I assume they have closed any case they may have had open but this has gone on for the 10 years we have lived here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an answer for me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was offline. How long ago was the noise diary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem it showed you online sorry. The last one will be at least a Cpl of years ago now. The other problem I have is in summer the smell of dog faeces is pretty awful to. I have thought of buying some recording equipment and recording the noise they make do you think this would be helpful.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Not really. At least not at this stage. Council complaints are fairly standardised and they won’t deviate. You have to complain to the Council, they will ask you for a noise or smell diary for 28 days and then if that is returned investigate themselves. They will usually send a letter out to the home owner before the noise diary is returned but they are not going to seek noise abatement notices until they receive a diary. Noise recording also doesn’t really identify the culprit house very well. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well as I said I have done this twice already and the council informed me that they had spoken to her but, nothing alters. How would I go about keeping a smell record? My other thought is to contact the police for her dogs disturbing the peace, other than that nothing changes.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
That is the only route to an abatement notice.The police will tell you it is a council issue.