75100385

We have a fixed term lease years from 39 June 2015

We have a fixed term lease for two years from 39 June 2015 to 29 June 2017.
There is an individually negotiated clause that states:
It is hereby agreed between the Tenant and Landlord that upon or following the expiry of ten months from the date hereof the Landlord may give to the Tenant or the Tenant's agent two months notice in writing under Section 21 of the Housing At 1988 to terminate the Tenancy...
My question is does the Landlord need to prove a reason under Section 21? He has written an email saying that he is 'thinking about' asking us to leave because we haven't been able to agree a time for him to organise a contractor to do some cosmetic work. We have given him many date options to work with.
However, I think it should only be possible under Section 21 if he has a reason like rent arrears or damage, etc. None of which apply.
Mark ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.No, the Landlord does not need to give a reason as such, just that he/she requires property back.There is no need to give a reason.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please Mark?Alex