75100385

An insurance company has informed me that their engineer has

Customer Question

An insurance company has informed me that their engineer has assessed my vehicle which was damaged in an accident caused by a third party as a class B write off even though he has only received photographs of its external appearance and has not seen it or examined it on a garage ramp. Am I entitled to have it repaired at my expense and obtain an MOT to prove that it can be repaired and is roadworthy?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Sadly not. What you can do is buy back the car from the insurance company then get the work done.Its up to the insurance company whether or not they write off the car.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex