12826847

Can bailiffs take a car that I have bought from person against

Customer Question

can bailiffs take a car that I have bought from person against who warrants are ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Hello did you know there were warrants at the time you bought it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
car was bought from privet person,paid cash , I've never been notified about warrants against the car when I bought it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
car was bought from private person,paid cash , I've never been notified about warrants against the car when I bought it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
anybody there? hello ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
im using this service first time..is there any more answers i can expect for 56£ ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
OK. So do the warrants pre date the transfer date at the DVLA?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the court warrant were issued against the car on 04/11/2015, 08/12/2015, 11/01/2016. this is the informations bailiff office provide to me. but they never provide me with copies of warrants as at the time warrants were issued I was not the owner of the vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes warrants are pre date the transfer date at the DVLA
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Have the DVLA confirmed the transfer date?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes I have received full V5 document on 04/04/2016 , car was towed away by enforcement on 07/04/2016
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
In that case, you need to seek a stay of execution of the warrant using the N244 form.The bailiffs havent done anything unlawful as indeed there is a warrant on the car.However, the car has changed hands and you are not the person responsible for the debt that lead to the warrant.The other alternative is to sue the seller to recover your money. Depends what you would prefer. The latter would probably be a cheaper option but not substantially.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where do I need to post this N244 form ? as the bailiffs can not give me details of the Court which issued the warrants.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Just to your local court. It will all be moved to your area anyway as you are not a business.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will this N244 form give me any chances to get my car back ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Yes, in principle although it is more complicated than that.In the end the bailiffs would have to return it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but I was informed on Friday 15/04 by bailiffs that my car is due to be put on court auction because it was 8 days since they tow it away and debtor have not clear the balance , means Friday 15/04 was last day to theoretically recover my car ?.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also I do not have access to the details required to fill the N244 form. Because of the data protection court will not give me any details as I am not the person who is named on the warrants
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
When was it seized?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
07/04/2016 like i said i previous message
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Well, that is a problem.Had you made an application on the 8th April this would have worked.There is a risk now that the car will be sold.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. so N244 form will not help here anyway .. seems like there is no chances to get car which I have purchased legally and own it for almost a month ?! WHY is that law always against the innocent and fair people :/
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
It isn't. You did have a challenge here. It just wasn't used in time.It might be that they haven't put it in auction yet so the N244 form would still be useful.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, but I haven't got access to details required to fill the N244 form as I'm not stated on the warrants ,court will not give me any details.. and the previous owner does not answer my calls third day :/
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Why do you need the previous owner's details?I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi situation looks like this now :
i have paid to the bailiffs 1400£ yesterday ,to get my car back (it was due to be listed on auction today) ,
I have all the papers and proof of payment ,
any chances I can ask court for refund or even partial refund ? If yes please would you be able to compose a little letter which I can send to the court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
I'm conscious that this is becoming a very long thread and you have not rated so I will make a fresh offer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is just about 11 short answers I have received so far from you and paid 60£
Expert:  Jo C. replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, not able to continue I'm afraid then. All the best.