75100385

Can a legal charge on a property be removed without the person

Customer Question

can a legal charge on a property be removed without the person knowing
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Could you please explain your situation a little more.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 charges on a propert owned buy my privious boyfriends bungalow. I one tried to take the matter up but he got very abusive. I had a police order against him and a charge of asault so i deceied to wait until he died as I was frightened of him.He has now died but these charges were dated 1990 and before a got any legal help I wondered if they could have been removed without my knowledge,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
But what is the charge for? The assault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the charges were for money he borrowed to go into buisness with Mr John redhead but due to his dodgy dealings the buisness never got going.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I understand - when you say Police charges, what has this got to do with legal charge on house?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Police charges have nothing to do with the charges. They were for him to go into buisness with Mr John Redhead but I was very frightened of him aand so left claiming the money until after he died. He was 16 years older than me. Now he has died before I started claiming the charges, I just needed to know if they can be cancelled without my knowledge. I am a disabled pensioner and do not want to embark on the process of claiming if they have been cancelled.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then no a charge can't be removed without a person knowing or without a Court order.So can only be removed with chargeholder consent or a Court order.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I started proceedings to recover these charges even if the house was not put up for sale would it be costly. If as I beleive, he has left a pile of lies regarding how these charges were made, would I stll be able to claim them
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can still claim.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it be costle and woyyld it be something yyou could deal with for me..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I cant be instructed sadly. The cost would be around £5000 if contested. £1000 if not. Does that clarify?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/