29905560

Can a parent demand suspension of the head coach pending an

Customer Question

Can a parent demand suspension of the head coach pending an investigation into a formal complaint.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the complaint about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An allegation that something was said in a public meeting about his daughter without his permission. I was at the meeting which was only for a debrief after a swim camp. Something was said but at no times were names mentioned. I was in the meeting
Only parents of children who attended camp were invited
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The incident in question was a health related matter which happened whilst at camp. The coach mentioned it to show how caring the staff and team managers were in caring for the child at this time
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
What is your involvement in this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am chairperson of the swimming club and received the complaint. I have passed the complaint to the welfare officer who will follow correct procedures to resolve the matter. I am wanting to determine whether the parent can demand a suspension during investigations. The parent has stated he will take the matter further if we do not do this. I have convened a meeting of our emergency committee and we do not think the allegations are correct and would prefer the coach to continue to work whilst the welfare officer does her job.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will call shortly
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Tried calling a few times please confirm number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the number is *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Is it ringing because the rings a couple of times, it is picked up wth no response then it hangs up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try my mobile ***********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Nice talking to you earlier, I just need to post a response to close the quesiton, please do not reply to this, thank you