75100385

What is our legal position regarding the following? Our

Hi, what is our legal position regarding the following?
Our company (limited) buy and sell a large amount of plastic boxes, recently we have started buying used boxes from a company in London, they have apparently got a contract with a major shopping centre to clear the loading bays of each shop at the end of each day.
I have a letter from them stipulating "we are happy to sell plastic boxes to "my company" for the purposes of recycling" they sell the boxes to us, and we sort them good from broken and into various colours and styles in order to attain the best resale price. I interpret what we do there as "recycling" most of the boxes contain either a small company logo (such as Matalan), or a small embossed area that declares ownership (such "property of asda") where do we stand legally with regards ***** ***** and selling the boxes? We have bought them in good faith, with an invoice from our supplier, and I fully consider them now our property to do with as we see fit.
We have been advised by someone else in the industry to remove the branding from the boxes before we resell them, to avoid any comebacks. Can we legally do this?
Any answers/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know where do you buy them from?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We buy them from a company called "North Lon***** *****dling Limited"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Are the boxes from your supplier obtained legally? Ie the boxes are not stolen from Asda etc, as I assume they belong to them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am led to believe they are obtained legally yes.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If you have purchased them legally then yes, you would need to remove the branding before they are sold on. This is because you cant commercial sell an ASDA banded box because it could be passing off.So as long as you remove the branding you are entitled to re-sell it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex