ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Once a couple engage solicitors in divorce can either or

Customer Question

Once a couple engage solicitors in divorce can either or both arbitrarily request and get the court to stop all further legal proceedings and permit them to go on their way as if they had never asked?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. Can I clarify:- has a divorce petition already been lodged with the court? If so, what is the current stage of the proceedings?- is it the position that the couple are wishing to reconcile? Kind Regards Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes has been lodged but the very earliest stage- currently solicitors asking financial disclosures- and second question only one party wants to quit, possibly both petitioner and respondent could agree to stop!
Hello Thank you for your response. I can confirm for you that - if both parties agree - it is possible to stop and withdraw the divorce proceedings at any point until Decree Absolute has been pronounced. It is not the role of solicitors or the court to push anyone into finalising a divorce if both parties want to reconcile. If however only one party does not want to divorce - then that person would have to seek to contest the divorce proceedings. There are strict deadlines if this is the situation. If this applies to you - let me know and I will provide you with further information in this regard. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had my reply of today and I paid you £18 ---your email saying you replied is not giving me the answer but keeps coming saying it can't find the reciepient ---;BT ????? Please finish the the answer BEN again !
Hello Sorry - was your message meant for me or was it for one of our other experts. If so I can forward this for you. You make a reference to Ben. I am Caroline, the Solicitor that gave advice in respect of divorce. For completeness I herewith below past a copy of my answer: Hello Thank you for your response. I can confirm for you that - if both parties agree - it is possible to stop and withdraw the divorce proceedings at any point until Decree Absolute has been pronounced. It is not the role of solicitors or the court to push anyone into finalising a divorce if both parties want to reconcile. If however only one party does not want to divorce - then that person would have to seek to contest the divorce proceedings. There are strict deadlines if this is the situation. If this applies to you - let me know and I will provide you with further information in this regard. Kind Regards Caroline