Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Apparently I need a Certificate of Domicile in the UK

Apparently I need a Certificate of Domicile in the UK for my forthcoming marriage to a Zanzibari national in Zanzibar. EHere do I start? THank you, Sue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also a certificate of no impediment, what's that and how do I get one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.In relation to a certificate of domicile, you can obtain this from HMRC here: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PT_CertOfRes However, the UK does not issue certificate of no impediment for marriages in Commonwealth countries, and as Tanzania is a commonwealth country you will not need this and you need to inform the Tanzanian authority's of this. You may also find this step by step guide helpful which reaffirms this information: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you