75100385

In February of 2016 myself and my wife were issued with an

Customer Question

In February of 2016 myself and my wife were issued with an official section 21 that we received by both post and email which we acknowledged and understood.
The landlord was adamant that we were to leave the property before the end of the section 21. In fact on several occasions he made it known to myself both via text message( I have kept proof) and in fact face to face. These all pertained to leaving the property by the end of March.
I explained to the letting agency that I would endeavour to leave by that time as I would be trying to expedite the process of renovating my inherited property. Both myself and the agent had this conversation on more than one occasion. Having worked rigorously towards that end date we finally left the property on the 1st April and as such I then informed the letting agency over the phone that we had left.
At this stage I thought I was doing the right thing and paid the rent on exit however it was pointed out to me by the agent that in fact this was a mistake as I was not going to be in the property at all during April and I in fact pay my rent in advance rather than in arrears. Upon realising this I requested my rental of £1300 back on several occasions but was then informed that the landlord you now wanted us to stay until the end of April!
This is completely unacceptable and unreasonable as it was requested by the landlord that we leave the property as soon as physically possible which we did.
Since I have made several requests for this refund via the letting agent over the last 17 days both the landlord or the agent have refused to make the final £1300 payment. I have made repeated attempts to collect, but both the landlord and agent have not come forward with the money.
I have also on a daily basis asked for a check out of the property and have been told I am not allowed to check out until the landlord agrees! So basically my back is up against the wall I need some help to resolve this. I have emailed both the landlord and the agent and they are not taking this seriously, I have also stated that if nothing is forthcoming by the 25th April I will apply to the county court for payment.
Please can someone assist me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you would like to know about this please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have sent my contact details when shall I expect a call?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can you post your number again, it deosnt show? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex its 01634 512 014 or 07715 875 291
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call? I am just on the train, so would 20 minutes be ok? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex just after 2pm would be good if possible? Can you try the mobile first as I may be out of the offce
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex