75100385

My car has been stolen at the gym active, they have

Customer Question

Hi, my car has been stolen at the gym virgin active, they have all the CCTV camera on the person of did it, they broke into my locker, it was locked got my accessories.wallet and car keys. the thief is still not found he has full adress also the keys of the car, to me the car hasn't got anysecurity and safety anymore, they could steel the car anytime for any criminal activity. do I have the right of not wanting the car back from the insurance? the insurance won't cover me if there is damged due to it bellow 700 pounds.
but because the thief has my keys, adresse and knows which gym I go, they could steel the car at anytime for any criminal activity, I do not feel safe and secure. I refuse to accept the car back from the insurance.
do I have the right to refuse the car? if so what should I say to them thank you...
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Does your insurance Policy allow you to reject the car please in the terms and conditions?Alex
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I can't see anything on the terms and condition about this. I will send you the link
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the right link. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
have you received the second link bellow, or would you want me to write down what it says?
thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.
Its a very long document. I can search through but it would be an additional service because of the time spent. Or you could let me know what the document says ie if there is a term there saying that and I can then give you the legal answer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Section 2 Fire and theft
What is covered
If your car is lost or damaged by fire, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft, we will either:
 pay the cost of repairs to your car, if your car is economically repairable, or
 make a cash payment of the market value of your car at the time of the damage less any required
excess if it is not economical to repair your car.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We will not pay for:
 wear and tear, your car losing value after or because of repairs, or for any repairs which improve your
car beyond its condition before the loss or damage happened
 loss or theft of any car keys or lock transmitters, or the cost of repairing or replacing any alarms or
security devices including the ignition and/or car locks
 mechanical, electrical, electronic or computer failures, breakdowns or breakages including as a result of
the use of incorrect fuel
 damage to your tyres caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts
 more than the manufacturer’s latest list price of any part or accessory as at the date of repair.
 loss or damage to your car caused directly by pressure waves from aircraft and other aerial devices
travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds
 loss of use of your car or any other indirect loss
 loss of or damage to your car by theft or attempted theft if your car has been left unlocked, left with
the keys in your car or left with a window or the roof open
 loss of or damage to your car caused by or resulting from deception, fraud or trickery, including when
you are offering your car for sale
 loss of or damage to your car where your car is driven or used without your permission by a member of
your family or household unless you report the person to the Police for taking your car without your
consent and no subsequent statement is made indicating that such a person did in fact have your
permission
 loss or damage to your car as a result of a deliberate act caused by you or any driver covered to drive
your car including, but not limited to, driving under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs
 loss or damage to your car caused by any government, public or local authority legally removing,
keeping or destroying your car.
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.
Ok - it appears to say they will pay for repair. It does not seem to give you the option of refusing the car back once it has been stolen.If it does not give you that option then sadly you can not do it and you have to accept the payment.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it says 'theft or attempted theft' doesn't that mean I am allowed to refuse it back?
also the thief has got my wallets and keys, what should i do about this? they could steal it at anytime for any criminal activity that I won't be aware of it. i am scared
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.
You need to have the locks changed. I dont think you can refuse the car back - its not beyond repair.Does that clarify?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 7 months ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/