12826847

I had car insurance car rental through American Express.

Customer Question

I had car insurance for a car rental through American Express. There was minor damage to the car. Amex confirmed that the coverage applies here. They have told me to keep out if it.
In July of last year approx 4 months after the incident was reported, I was told that the case was closed.
In January 2016 I received a letter from a collection agency on behalf of the rental car company. I contacted Amex and they told me that they were unable to receive proper documentation from the car company. However they consider the case closed.
I told them that as I have received a collection letter it is not obviously NOT closed as far as they are concerned. Having a collection agency come after you is not good for your credit scores... so I need to get this wrapped up. It seems pretty cut and dried that this is Amex's responsibility to resolve and inform me. I have written to them and the collection agency to this effect. no one has gotten back to me. What can I do do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello what are you seeking to achieve?