75100385

Tomlin Order

We have received the following Tomlin Order from a major UK bank's legal representatives following our issuance of a county court summons to recover our money from the bank after they failed to pay us the joint savings account proceeds after the account was closed. “UPON THE PARTIES HAVING AGREED TERMS OF SETTLEMENT AND BY CONSENT IT IS ORDERED THAT: 1. All further proceedings in this matter be stayed upon the terms set out in the attached schedule hereto except for the purpose of carrying such terms into effect in respect of which the parties have permission to apply. 2. No order as to costs.” We would be most grateful if you could explain what this means in layman's terms. Thank you.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.1. Means that the proceedings are halted pending whatever settlement is in the attached schedule and agreed2. There are no costs awarded.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex