75100385

We have a question regarding a summons to court for

Customer Question

We have a question regarding a summons to court for the offence of failing to name driver.
Are you able to help?
Gary
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help youCould you please explain your situation a little more?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle is registered to a limited company. The original NIP dated 30/11/2015 came through (for an alleged speeding offence) in the name of the company (First Protect Security Limited) - no individuals were named on the NIP.
There was some correspondence back and forth between the Company and Camera and Tickets Office because we couldn't ascertain the identity of the driver.
We eventually received a summons on 5/4/2016 for a referral to court on 9/6/2016. However, the summons was in the name of Angela Beavis (Company Director) with no mention of the Company itself.
Can we argue that the summons is null and void because Angela was never actually personally asked to provide the information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07894 104782
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, when are we likely to receive the call?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I called and it went to voicemail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you try 07507 949679 thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex