75100385

My brother has been living in my house (and paying me) and

my brother has been living in my house (and paying me) and now i'm selling the house he is angry (as he couldn't afford to buy the house himself) and saying he has 'applied and got squatters rights order' on my house - what can i do to resolve this? We never used a tenancy agreement as didn't think this was necessary.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear he rents a room off you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he has the whole house since i moved out
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You need to formally write and ask that he leave within 28 days or say you will seek a Court order.If he refuses then you need to apply for possession. You need to do this using form N5:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n005-eng.pdfAnd N121:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n121-eng.pdfThe Court will list the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to give possession. The Court will.Then he will have to move out, if he does not then he can be evicted with bailiffs.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** will have a look at the links you shared
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex