12826847

I was assaulted and pushed backwards into a glass window which

I was assaulted and pushed backwards into a glass window which broke I was lucky not to have cut myself. I have been dosgnosed with PTSD as a result and am on medication I now have to go to court as a main witness what can the penalties be if she is found guilty ... She's already pleaded not guilty hence its now going to trial
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, what were the circumstances in which the assault occurred?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She was very intoxicated and hit me from behind in the pub on the back of my head as I was walking away from her I was initially a out 8 feet from her she skittles everyone r out of the way to punch me on the back of my head. . I had asked her to unwrap herself from my husband and not to kiss him on the cheek to which she responded outside now ..! I said we were leaving and had only had one drink the whole evening as I was driving. Outside I sat in a window ledge as I was feeling dizzy after she assaulted me. She came out being led out by a friend as she was unsteady on her feet to apologise I said I didn't want her near me she went inside and public an locked the door. She then ran up through the the whole length of the pub through the skittle alley out of the fire exit and then down the path on the pitch black ... Then reversed and ran at me full pelt and I went backwards through a glass window luckily two people pulled me forwards otherwise I would have ended up in the restaurant..! She was then dragged off me by two men and literally dragged across the road. I was in total shock asked the landlord to call the police they wouldn't as it was after 11.30 she had her 8 year old and 18 year old sons in the pub they saw her behaviour too. I went to see GP he lisred my injuries and 3 weeks later diagnosed me with PTSD . I am on medication and have just heard the police charged her with assault by beating and she has pleaded not guilty .. I am currently off work with PTSD As its all got a bit to much and court date is June 24 th I'm dreading it ..
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello can you please respond with your legal take on this matter thank u
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
What is the charge please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Assault by beating
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
She has also been barred from our local due to this instance police have taken statements
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
If it is a common assault then the maximum sentence is six months custody but she will not get custody.She will get a community order of some form or another.Custody is rare in particular for women.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes I have consented to my medical records listing my injuries and confirming PTSD will she get off the charge and she works as a holistic practitioner abd does home visits will she have to disclose this if convicted.?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Community order usually takes what form?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
It depends on her issues.Maybe supervision.They are not going to be allowed to examine medical records I'm afraid. No, she will not have to disclose this. These people are not regulated by the NMC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Lastly if the police have investigated and brought these charges I am obviously a witness is there any way she can get off this charge .? She lives near me and I don't want any repercussions .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Oh yes, anybody can be acquitted.There may be lots of reasons.Absolutely people can. That is why we have trials.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They have asked for access to my medical records to which I've consented abd now you're telling me they're unable to see my GP's findings ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
They can seek them but they can't rely on them for a common assault.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's reduculous as she has caused me psychological harm as a result of her pre meditated assault .?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
But a common assault does not give rise to a need to prove injuries. In any event, I'm afraid it is going to be a struggle to get a court to accept that psychological harm is only and absolutely caused by an assault that is, ultimately, Im afraid the lowest level assault upon the statute books.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So why did the police ask to access my medical record and I have witnessed to conform her assaulting me ... What is the point of me even reporting it then I could have had my throat slit by the broken glass ..? This makes me so sceptical of the whole system just awful and so unfair ...!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Probably because they are covering all avenues. They will not understand what can or cannot be used.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hang on ..! the police have investigated and they are pressing the charges I'm there to reiterate what happened and clarify with other witnesses. I have even had to complete a witness impact statement and now you're telling me she may get off. I have photographic evidence of bruising and injuries equivalent to whip lash and those of having been in anbRTA as she used such force to hit me ..?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.
Yes, she could get off as could any other defendant. That is the purpose of a trialMany people are acquitted.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks anyway