12826847

I bought a barn for £55k. I paid another £10k

Customer Question

I bought a barn for conversion for £55k. I paid another £10k for services etc. As I was buying the barn, my partner said he would pay to do it up and do the work. So, I added his name on the Deeds as a fair thing to do. After just 4 months of him spending around £9640 on doing it up, he has left me. He is now trying to claim some money, above the £9640 which I have offered to give him (that is a generous amount too from me) What can I do? I am single, 56, work part time now, no children. This is my last, forever home
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.How much is the property worth now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As nothing much has been done I calculate that it is now worth about £58
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you actually had a formal valuation done?