12826847

Help! I am the medical advocate very poorly lady. She

Customer Question

Help! I am the medical advocate for a very poorly lady. She has 75% ownership of the family home, abusive husband left 14 years ago, mortgaged paid off this year. He has written asking for her to sign the deeds over to his solicitor. Given her physical and mental health she is worried she will do so and then he will sell the property and turf her out. She is too unwell to cope with such stress and upheaval and relies heavily on her immediate local support network as there is no professional local resource available.
We don't even begin to know where to start with advising , but she needs some form of assistance to do the best thing. She is wheel chair bound and on disability living allowance. The violent ex. Has paid erratically and minimal support over the last 14 years, he committed to approx £30 per month , the daughter is now 18 so it stops, butt even that has been arbitrarily used as control. Thanks for any advice.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Is she willing to consider a divorce?How much is the house worth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ClareSorry, I should have said already divorced I think 13 years ago. He kept pension savings and she 72% of the house. House probably £230k
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
230k market value of house that is
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When does the Order say that the house should be sold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know, I have not seen the order and don't know if the lady would have any idea. Her mental health diagnosis was five years ago and therefore she will likely be unaware of its content is where to find it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a copy of the letter from her ex?