Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Disciplinary Meetings I have been asked to attend a meeting

Disciplinary Meetings
I have been asked to attend a meeting that I feel sure will be an attempt to enact disciplinary measures. I shall defend absolutely any accusation. However all request from myself for an agenda of the meeting have been sidetracked or not answered. I presume
to cause reduction in any preparation I might wish to establish.
Should the employers properly inform the attendee in reasonable time of an agenda together with a copy of any communications from other parties who may be involved.
JW
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today, how long have you worked for the employer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two years However the work is part time at a horse race course and only involves race meeting dates. I believe I may be classed under 'casual' emplyment
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hi if the employer intends to hold a disciplinary hearing then you would have to be notified the reason for the meeting in advance and be given the opportunity to prepare and to attend with a trade union representative or a colleague. If the meeting is an investigative meeting then there is no legal requirement that you be told in advance the nature of the meeting. The key point is that the employer cannot take disciplinary action against you at the investigative meeting, if it did the action would be unlawful, but they may decide to call a further 'disciplinary' hearing at which you would have the chance to know the allegations, prepare and be accompanied. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for the time I have spent answering your question. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the above. A further anomaly Following a request from the 'er I volunteered for extra duties and job role.
I was appointed 'Assistant Supervisor' but in spite of requests I never received a job spec additional responsibilities T of B or income change The above may have some importance regarding the meeting and subsequent events
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you raised a grievance about the lack of job role and salary increase?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jeffrey would you still like help with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I had requested the above 'ee terms immediately after being offered the Assistant role Nothing appeared I made a further verbal request with the relevant manager regarding job training and was told it would be 'on the job training' This never occurred
At a meeting two months ago I stated that no T of E had appeared and made a direct request to the relevant person who promised to draw up a new T of emp but this never appeared.
I noticed on the last job sheet that the title Assistant had been removed without me being informed beforehand. I have not yet
made comment on this
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
So what would you like to know about this and what bearing do you think it will have on your upcoming meeting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In January after the appt of Assistant I had an altacation with an agency supervisor and his team over their failure to properly
conduct their duties
I wrote a full report to the 'er and had a meeting with management afterwards. I stated at the meeting that as the only 'ee in the vicinity I had to act on behalf of the 'er . The agency supervisor and some of his staff had become quite threatening after being confronted. At the meeting above I stated to 'er management that I had acted on behalf of the 'er but that as no T of E had ever been given to me I needed to know if I had acted correctly then and also in the future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
re above The 'er supervisor promised to write out a T of E and send on to me Nothing has been received.
It is my view that the meeting I have attend may be in response to contact and communication from the agency so there
may be an attempt to pass blame upon myself.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
At this stage you just need to attend the meeting and see what they say. They cannot take action against you. You can also raise a grievance about the fact that you were not issued with new terms and conditions. I would be very grateful if you would now rate my answer as I am not otherwise paid for working on your question. I will be happy to answer any follow on questions you may have.
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jeffrey is there anything further you would like to know as I can see you have not yet rated my answer which is an important part of the process?