12826847

My son has been playing football team past

Customer Question

Hi. My son has been playing football for a team for the past 5 years. The team is part of a wider club with teams ranging from under 7s to adults. At the end of this season our team has decided to leave the Sedgley Scorpions club to begin our club. The chairman of Sedgley Scorpions is refusing to allow us to have the teams funds from the bank (each team has their own account and has to raise its own funds), we have £340 in our account which was raised by our teams parents for the children's benefit. He is withholding the money, claiming we have to (a) pay into next seasons central fund-even though we won't be part of the club, (b) leave £100 to keep account open-even though there won't be a team needing to access the account, (c) he's retaining the last £100 for no given reason. To withdraw funds it requires 3 signatures of which he is now one (as he added his signature only recently to stop us accessing the funds). Can he do this, as the money in that account is money raised by the parents of our team for our kids, and was going to be used to pay for the end of season kids presentation night. Thanks Adr***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello is he relying on any club rules to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has changed the club rules after hearing on the grape vine that we were probably leaving. His committee can change rules to suit without individual teams input. The rule changes were to pay in advance to next years central fund and leave money to keep account open. His claim is that it's money in Sedgley scorpions name and now belongs to him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These rule changes were made approximately 3 weeks a go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm you received my question please
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My colleague has asked me to assist you. Is the account in the name of these three people as well? Is the club a limited company?