12826847

Does a landlord have to notify a potential tenant of planned construction in other parts o

Customer Question

Does a landlord have to notify a potential tenant of planned construction in other parts of the building if they are aware of it before they renting it?
We rented an apartment and now their is major construction going on in the flat below. there have been not only major noise but fumes that are very toxic. I believe that the landlord knew of the proposed construction before we rented the apartment and we were not notified. We would have chosen not to rent if we had known.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this a private rental agreement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is this an AST?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have no idea what an AST is.
I have a rental agreement for 22 months. The apartment is fine. However the flat directly beneath me started construction about 4 months after we moved in and we had not been told they would be doing this. our landlord (apartment owner ) just owns that flat we are in. The filing for renovation was done several months before we moved in and we were not told about the planned construction by either the realtor or the landlord, if we had been told before we would not have taken the apartment. Question is if the landlord knew before we rented about the upcoming construction were they obliged to tell us?
ALan