How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9325
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I currently have a IVA which I have had 2 years.

Resolved Question:

I currently have a IVA which I have had for almost 2 years. I rang the company with whom I have the IVA this morning to ask for a settlement amount as I had recently received a cheque in relation to a personal injury claim ( I was attacked by a dog and half of my nose needed to be rebuilt) so wanted to clear the IVA. They have refused to give me a settlement amount until I provide them with a comprehensive breakdown of the payment received. Is this right? The IVA is in my name solely and it would be me clearing it in full. Could you please advise if they have any legal right to refuse to give me a settlement amount and then take payment.
Many Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
As you are paying the IVA in full, what is your exact concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm wanting to pay it in full but they are refusing to allow me to do this without providing them with the breakdown of my claim. I want to know if they have any legal right to see the breakdown?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, they do. It is a condition of your IVA that you cooperate fully with the IVA administrator and that includes giving details of all your income and expenditure. Sorry. Can I clarify anything else for you? Please do not forget to rate positive. It’s an important part of the process so that experts get credit. Best wishes
F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions