13262538

My 76 year old mother is applying UK passport. However

my 76 year old mother is applying for first UK passport.
However her birth name is ***** ***** her birth certificate and she used her mothers married name in 1959 when she got married which was different to birth name.
So we have no way of showing change of original name that they ask for.
Only the marriage certificate to her current name when she remarried in 1985.
what can we do
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you The easiest option is to create a Change of Name Deed that "fills the gap"There is a template herehttp://freedeedpoll.org.ukPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,
Ive looked at the Deed, on the deed it then shows the date you want to change it from but not till.
Shall i change the name on the day she got married or shall i change it to a previous date when she was known by that name or does it not matter.
Also shows her current address which looks a bit odd when the deed date change is 50 years ago will this matter
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Simply amend it to show her old address.You are simply showing a progression of name changes - so long as the deed precedes the wedding all is well