13262538

My ex-husband moved out of our jointly owned matrimonial home

My ex-husband moved out of our jointly owned matrimonial home seven years ago, then we divorced around six years ago. By order of the courts, the property was sold two weeks ago. My concern now is Capital Gains Tax of over £3,000 coming from my ex-husband's side of payments has been added on the deductions before sale payments are made. There was an agreement that we would pay 50% on all cost. However,
I read on the internet that there should not be Capital Gains Tax unless my ex-husband has a second property, if so then he did not declared this in family court. Is there any way a search can be made to find out why this cost has been applied.
Please help
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Were you still residing at the home as your main residence prior to it being sold? Who informed you of the capital gains tax liability?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.In fact it is payable ON HIS SHARE because he has not lived in the property for the last seven years - not because he has or had another property.This is not an issue for you as you have been resident there.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.