12826847

My mum has been left the whole estate of her ex partner. He

Customer Question

My mum has been left the whole estate of her ex partner. He never changed his will and continued to pay for it to be kept safe for the last 4 years. He loved my mum and kept in contact by phone. Now his children are taking my mum to court to contest the will. Probate said she is the legal beneficiary of everything in the will, although she doesn't know exactly what is in the will. They have already taken his brand new car, caravan and the contents of his home. My mum would of signed his house over to them which is worth about £100,000. Do they have a chance of winning? The person who died never had much to do with his children and I guess this is why he left everything to my mum.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWho are the Executors of the Estate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareI'm sorry I don't know. I think it may of been his son.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you hear from a Solicitor at all?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, we have been told to expect a letter from his son's solicitor by the people handling Mr Smalley's case. This is from the company that first contacted my mum to ask her position to sign for them to be able to get the will. They have now told her that all the paper work is frozen. Even though probate said she was the legal and sole beneficiary to everything in the will.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Who actually holds the Will at the moment?