Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can social services stop me taking my child on holiday she

Customer Question

can social services stop me taking my child on holiday
she has a care order ( still to live with me as not been changed ) but now is in a childrens home .
I want to go on holiday in 3 weeks time and now after 4 month after tellind social services they are trying to stop me taking her.
can they block her passport and prevent her leaving the country.
I have pr over her since dec 2014.
regards
matt
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. As there is a care order in place the local authority share parental responsibility with you and you will need their consent to travel abroad, so legally they can oppose this and if they do not agree you will need to apply to court for a decision. This can be done as a specific issue order application under form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court.Have they outlined why they are refusing to consent to the holiday?