75100385

I have a dispute with a parking management company. The company

I have a dispute with a parking management company. The company issued a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) to me and I reacted by appealing the PCN and, at the same time, advised them that I would charge them a fee for any correspondence I had to write in connection with this if they continued. They continued, thus in my opinion, they accepted the terms of the contract. They subsequently wrote, after several weeks and a number of invoices and reminders had been issued to me, categorically rejecting any invoices I issued to them as "I have not formed a contract with them". My response to that was that I categorically rejected their own rejection, along with an invoice for doing just that exactly as I had intimated in my first letter to them.
Simple question - do you think a contract exist between us? I believe, adamantly, that a contract exists!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.No a contract does not exist. This is just the conduct of litigation.A contract is where one buys something for example. Here the Parking Company are not buying anything from you. There is no consideration (exchange of money or some other item) in exchange and therefore there can NOT be a contract.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, as I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex