Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My son has been expelled from school cannabis

Customer Question

hello
my son has been expelled from school for smoking cannabis outside of the school he was
taken in to the school and gave a statement to the headmaster admitting that he was smoking the drugs and that they belonged to the boy sitting next to him / as far as i know the other boy admitted the cannabis belonged to him
can you help?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Is this a state school?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Ok what advice are you looking for is it whether you can appeal and on what grounds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the headmaster personally so is there a conflict could he still seat as a governor in an appeal?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Sorry are you asking if the headmaster can also act as a governor in an appeal? It would be unusual for that to happen as he would not be impartial?
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello would you like further assistance with this?